Thursday, September 30, 2010

Martin Amm

During the Yellowstone trip I found a macro lens attachment for my girlfriend's camera that I did not know I had.  I tried to take a few pictures but they all turned out washed out looking or blurry, too much light or not enough. This inspired me to look for a cool macro photographer that stood out to to me. This is the photo that truely cought my eye:

This photo was taken by Martin Amm, who is a photographer mainly focused on nature photography. He uses a Nikon D70 but no information was found on what type of lens he uses. He has some amazing shots of sleeping insects that are still covered in dew from the morning. The dew emphasizes the colors on the insects making them look very crisp and beautiful. Thinking about the time of day he takes these pictures he must must have to use both a flash and a tripod in order to get enough light. Is a filter needed to reduce the glair of the frosty looking dew?

He uses this in his description of the picture above: Focusstacking out of 6 pictures D200 - Sigma 150/2.8 - 1/4s - ISO 125.

References:
http://photo.net/photodb/user?user_id=2109438

No comments:

Post a Comment