Thursday, September 23, 2010

Anatoly Beloshchin

I came across this picture and instantly decided to blog about it.
These are pictures of inside cave Centote Angelita in Mexico. Near the bottom of this water filled cave there is a layer of hydrogen sulphide that looks like a fog covered river in a bog. It has an island with trees and even leaves on the ground! When I first set my eyes on this picture I was so confused I had to look into it and figure out where this was and what was happening.  These pictures along with other amazing scuba photographs were taken by Anatoly Beloshchin, a very talented photographer and Martial artist that I believe lives in Russia. I went to his site to find out more about him but it is under construction so I found very little information about him. He has some beautiful underwater cave photos that have incredible colors and geologic structures that I am curious about. I wonder how much extra light is needed in order to bring out colors effectively at these depths. Also, I wonder how salt water and fresh water effect the picture taking techniques.

References:

No comments:

Post a Comment