Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Week 1 Blog: Scott Stulberg


I often browse sites on StumbleUpon when wanting to find something of interest or something outrageous. Many times I find amazing artists, including photographers, such as the one I found today: Scott Stulberg. I stumbled upon his photography website, where the first image is of an old Indian man with foot-long mustache whiskers that he is pulling away from his face.
I began to browse his site and found a wide variety of photos, about everything you could possibly think of, from all over the world. Though he doesn't seem like a really popular or well known photographer, he has a great deal of experience and skill, not only shooting photos, but also editing and creating works of art through Photoshop. I did a little research on him and found out that he is a travel and stock photographer, as well as a teacher at UCLA Extension and various other places. His photos are used in a wide range of magazines, articles, cards, books, etc. all over the world.
I also found a site that sort of ruined some of his work for me, since it explained some of his photos and how they were photoshopped to make them look the way that they did. However, what really kept me fascinated were the places he traveled in order to take the pictures, including the Galapagos Islands. This is somewhere I have visited and his work reminds me of the fun times I had and the amazing things I saw, which he was able to capture well in his art.

References:
1. "Scott Stulberg Photography." www.asa100.com
2. "Scott Stulberg: Perfect Blend of Digital and Traditional Photography." The Journal of Fine Art Photography. http://www.onlinephotography.com/resume5.html
3. "Scott Stulberg Biography." Webcommend.Com. http://www.webcommend.com/index.php/travel/78-scott-stulberg-photography


No comments:

Post a Comment