Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Caleb Charland

This week, I found a site that explores a weird and unusual side of photography that baffles me. This was the site of Caleb Charland, a photographer who not only has both a bachelors and a masters degree in fine arts, but also a very inventive side. He isn't just a photographer, but also a scientist that knows his physics and science well enough to use this in his photography. 
For example, this photo shows a simple way of how he uses science to create images that are unusual and interesting to look at and raising an audiences curiosity. His main goal as a photographer is to "find ways to exploit the mysterious qualities of everyday objects and familiar materials...[combining his] scientific curiosity with a constructive approach to making pictures" (Charland, 2010). His site also states that all his images in-camera without digital manipulation. 
I like all of his work because it isn't photoshopped; it is reliant on his own knowledge of the camera and his creativity and ability to manipulate the objects he is using. I know this has nothing to do with nature digital photography, but I wanted to share a unique perspective of photography that I myself have never heard of. 
What I want to know, is how he creates pictures like this one, with out using digital manipulation?!?

Resources: "Caleb Charland." http://calebcharland.com/ 

No comments:

Post a Comment